A contract lift involves the process of crane hire, but also the responsibilities that come with it. Let us take that responsibility.
A contract lift ensures that the crane hire, equipment, operator and all personnel of the crane are our responsibility. We are responsible for the planning and execution of the job no matter how big or small. With over 30 years’ experience in the crane industry we recognise that quality and standard of work are paramount to safety. You can be sure that all of Nine Lifting’s contract lifts are meticulously planned to reduce risk, ensuring lifts are carried out safely and efficiently to suit the customer’s requirements. A contract lift really is the complete package.
Lifting and movement of goods involving crane operation under the CPA Standard Terms and Conditions ensures the safe operation of the crane and the safety and welfare of its operator are the crane owner’s responsibility.
It is up to the crane owner to provide the following:
- Carry out all work in accordance with BS 7121 and LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998)
- Provide a competent Appointed Person* who has the knowledge, experience and understanding of all aspects of the lifting operation, is able to plan the lift and operate a safe system of work and provide all Method Statements and Risk Assessments (RAMS)
- Provide a qualified and competent slinger/signaller*
- Ensure that the crane hired is of a suitable type and capacity
- Check the credentials of the crane hire company and certification supplied
- Provide a crane that is properly maintained, tested and certificated
- Provide a competent* operator
Nine Lifting are able to supply lifting personnel alongside CPA crane hire, however, it does not become a Contract Lift until Nine Lifting provide an Appointed Person to plan, supervise and accept responsibility of the lift.
The customer must have public liability insurance.
Under CPA Contract Lift conditions, the customer remains responsible for providing accurate information relating to both the items to be lifted and to the ground conditions. Please pay extra attention to Clause 7 of the CPA Contract Lift Terms and Conditions (can be supplied upon request, we supply alongside quotations).
In addition to the services stated above, a Contract Lift will include insurance cover. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding insurance liabilities.
Our mobile crane means we are able to meet lifting needs nationwide. Please do not hesitate to get in contact with any queries, big or small.
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!