Simple and straightforward CPA crane hire agreements. Hire to meet the needs of customer instructions.
Under the terms of the CPA Model Conditions for the Hiring of Plant, the safe operation of the crane and the safety and welfare of its operator are the customer’s responsibility.
The hirers and owner’s responsibilities are defined as follows:
The customer must:
- Carry out all work in accordance with BS 7121 and LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998)
- Provide a competent Appointed Person* who has the knowledge, experience and understanding of all aspects of the lifting operation, is able to plan the lift and operate a safe system of work and provide all Method Statements and Risk Assessments (RAMS)
- Provide a qualified and competent slinger/signaller*
- Ensure that the crane hired is of a suitable type and capacity
- Check the credentials of the crane hire company and certification supplied
The crane owner has a duty to:
- Provide a crane that is properly maintained, tested and certificated
- Provide a competent* operator
In addition, the customer must also assess and arrange full insurance cover for the lifting operation including loss or damage to lifted loads and loss or damage to the crane and lost revenue. Under standard CPA terms, the customer must provide the following insurance cover:
- Loss of, or damage to, our plant whilst on site
- Loss of, or damage to, the goods being lifted
- Continuing hire charges whilst the plant is ‘off the road’ for repairs following damage
- Public liability, injury to operator, injury to other parties, including their property, arising from the crane operations
Insurance subrogation waiver can and will be added to invoice if proof of insurance is not given to Nine Lifting.
*as defined by CPA Model Conditions for the Hiring of Plant
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!